Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Some Updates

As you might know already, I'm creating some new work for my portfolio and trying to become better skilled in digital painting. My goal is to make a fair amount of new, better work and ultimately work as a concept artist or in another developmental role for the entertainment industry. So I believe I should focus on making production-ready work and illustrations; things like character sheets and turnarounds, environment/creature/object art, 3D models, etc.  What do you think? Feel free to comment and let me know.

Anyway, here are some image updates-


This is an environment I have in the works. It'll be a city residing on a little (and mostly precarious) rock platform in a canyon with some other buildings carved into the canyon walls. You could travel here by airships, suspension bridges all over the place (like webs), or through other houses straddled between the canyon. It might be neat to use the wear and tear of the natural elements as a part of the city in this case. For example, a river falling onto and down the platform could be splitting the platform/city in half from erosion. Maybe?

Here's another that I've still got in the works, this city one a posted before-


I still want to make it more vibrant and grungy in some places, sort of like Arkham city meets the Tokyo streets on an alien planet.

While working on this stuff I've been doing some freelance and have been increasingly interested in making a children's book. Although, as I hear, that market is flooded with people who are interested and few publishers who will take chances on new books :/ It'll be a future project to consider.

Onto making more work!

No comments:

Post a Comment