Sunday, January 30, 2011

Moving Along

I've been able to put a few more hours into the street illustration-


The dog-thing in the foreground is out of place and will change. Plus I need to shrink the girl down a lot to fit into the environment, but her proportion issues are a bit better.

Otherwise, I stumbled upon Jason Scheier's work here. He's a vis. development artist for Dreamworks. I love the textures he uses and the way he paints, every illustration is full of detail and is fun to look at. I think he paints over a lot of photographic sources though, I'll have to experiment myself and try to get some of my work in that style.

I also found Noah Bradley (work found here) who does environmental illustrations. He captures lighting very well and uses it to focus attention on different sections of the environments. There are also nice textures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment