Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Long, long time no post

It's been practically a whole month already! Time has just flown by with these past few holidays, I've spent a good deal of time traveling up and down the east coast. So here are some new in-progress works for the new year:


The above consists of some quick idea sketches for a variety of character types. I'll probably expand on these designs in the future and make a character dev. spreadsheet. I particularly like the top row of space suit/dive suit guys. Although, is it possible to draw a diver suit costume without it being likened to Bioshock now?

Here's my next in-progress work:

 
I decided to take a different approach to making work with this idea. Instead of building up from a blank page I tried to setup my idea with photo resources and draw on top of or from that. So far it's actually been pretty helpful, I get a better sense of the mood and lighting for the image this way. Ideally, I'll craft this into a sort of futuristic, neon city street with the girl in the foreground tracking something with her trusty (but mostly scary animal) companion.

For now her body is huuuuge in comparison to her head so that's got to change. I still haven't decided what the blue alien pedestrians will look like...But I'm fairly psyched about doing this drawing :)

More to come, hopefully in a more timely manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment