Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Drawings

So what am I working on now? Here are a few drawings I'm playing around with for now:

A craptastic store room/a secret smuggling base in the sewer environment. I finally got around to playing Uncharted 2, which was a great adventure game and had much better fighting and shooting mechanics than the first game. There was a lot of inspiration from Uncharted 2 for this drawing, the environments and textures in that game are fantastic. 

When I'm drawing environments I usually go about it in two ways: the aesthetic route vs. the gameplay route. More often than not I find myself thinking about how the environment can be played by someone or used in a game and then the aesthetics part just falls into place. Couldn't you see Drake sneaking around here and hiding behind boxes of mysterious cargo whilst head-shoting bad guys? This level could be fun :) 

Here's a character practice still early in progress:


I'm not really sure where this is going but I like the dark skin and dreads so I'll go from there. This is mostly to practice clothes, which as you can see hasn't been done yet :P

No comments:

Post a Comment